How do they do invisibility effects in 1933? Why should we feel sorry for the barman? And do we have invisibility technology today? Listen now to find out! Scott Croco and Mike Young unhack The Invisible Man (1933) in this podcast episode.
When a stranger arrives in town, he turns the community into a living nightmare and the police must stop him before it’s too late. Claude Rains stars in James Whale’s The Invisible Man (1933)!
- 1933 trivia (1:05)
- Summary of story/plot (2:00)
- Movie review (3:05)
- Invisibility special effects (10:00)
- Rules of being invisible (14:00)
- The presentation of the character (15:05)
- His plan to rule the world (20:45)
- Player pianos (27:40)
- Invisibility (36:40)
- Actual invisibility in the real world (43:25)
- Critics’ reactions (54:05)
- “Fiction or Fake?” game (56:05)
Episode 068 – The Invisible Man (1933) unhacked!
Download this episode
Movies Unhacked compares technology in movies to technology in real life. A podcast for fans of cinema and technology!