How intelligent is HAL 9000 really? What’s the deal with that dawn of man segment? And how do you simulate gravity on spaceships? Listen now to find out! Scott Croco and Mike Young unhack 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) in this podcast episode.
Go on an interstellar journey spanning all of man’s existence in this science fiction masterpiece. Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)!
- Arthur C. Clarke mini-bio (1:50)
- April 1968 trivia (3:05)
- Summary of 2001’s story/plot (5:55)
- Movie review (8:15)
- Differences between book and movie (23:00)
- Artificial gravity in space (26:20)
- Artificial intelligence and The Chinese Room Argument (42:00)
- Budget, Box Office, Critics’ reactions (46:40)
Subscribe to Movies Unhacked in Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play, and write us a 5-star review!
Episode 030 – 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) unhacked!
Download this episode
Creation of Artificial Gravity
2001: A Space Odyssey (BFI Film Classics)
Movies Unhacked compares technology in movies to technology in real life. A podcast for fans of cinema and technology!