Which other movies did we recognize in this movie? What is considered to be the very first “hack”? And why did we pick this movie in the first place? Listen now to find out! Scott Croco and Matt Janulewicz unhack Hot Millions (1968) in this podcast episode.
When a con man targets a company to steal from and gets hired on, he must hack the computer and juggle his lies to keep the money coming in. Peter Ustinov, Maggie Smith, Karl Malden, and Bob Newhart star in Hot Millions (1968)!
- Why did we pick this movie? (1:00)
- The actors’ careers (2:05)
- Trivia – September 1968 (6:40)
- Summary of Hot Millions‘s story/plot (9:35)
- Movie review (11:10)
- Shadows of other films inside this one (17:25)
- Computers in the movie – Leo Computers Leo 3 (30:00)
- Computer in our pockets infinitely more powerful than computers of old (37:40)
- Cybercrime history – first cyber bank robbery (42:00)
- The very first “hack”, from 1903 (45:25)
- Money weighs a lot, redux (51:05)
Episode 029 – Hot Millions (1968) unhacked!
Download this episode
Movies Unhacked compares technology in movies to technology in real life. A podcast for fans of cinema and technology!