Who is the better character, Austin Powers or Dr. Evil? How do cryonics work? What movies from the 1960s and 1970s influenced this movie? Listen now to find out! Scott Croco unhacks Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) in this podcast episode.
When an evil genius is unfrozen after 30 years, only an original 1960s spy can stop him. In this podcast episode, Scott Croco unhacks Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997).
- Mike Myers – brief bio (0:40)
- Summary of the movie’s story/plot (2:50)
- Scott’s thoughts on the film (4:45)
- Influences from the 1960s and 1970s (8:20)
- Eye-patch X-ray vision tech (13:30)
- Cryonics exploration (15:50)
- Budget, and Box Office results (22:05)
- Critics’ reactions (23:30)
Subscribe to Movies Unhacked in Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play, and write us a 5-star review!
Episode 028 – Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) unhacked!
Download this episode
Powers: International Man of Mystery (Wikipedia)
Definitive Oral History
Artificial intelligence senses people through walls
Cryonics (Wikipedia) and cryonics.org, plus The False Science of Cryonics
Physical and biological aspects of renal vitrification
Movies Unhacked explores movies and their depictions of technology. Movie talk and tech talk in one handy podcast!