Scary movie month! What are the origins of this film? What is the current state of reanimation science? And what are our favorite character moments? Listen now to find out! Scott Croco and Mike Young unhack Young Frankenstein (1974) in this podcast episode.
When Dr. Frankenstein’s grandson inherits the family estate, he battles his own scientific beliefs to dabble in reanimating the dead. Gene Wilder stars in Mel Brooks’s Young Frankenstein (1974)!
- December 1974 trivia (2:00)
- Summary of Young Frank’s story/plot (5:20)
- Origins of Young Frankenstein (6:35)
- Movie review (9:40)
- Favorite character moments (13:15)
- The B&W cinematography is great (31:00)
- Reanimation of life (34:25)
- Stethoscopes (43:10)
- Frankenstein film canon (48:05)
- Budget, Box Office, Critics’ reactions (51:30)
- “Fiction or Fake?” game (54:05)
Episode 047 – Young Frankenstein (1974) unhacked!
Download this episode
Vermicelli and Vorticella
Worms Frozen for 42,000 Years in Siberian Permafrost Wriggle to Life
THAT STORY ABOUT THE ANCIENT FROZEN WORMS MIGHT BE BOLOGNA
Bioquark Wants a Shot at Bringing the Dead Back to Life
Proof of Concept Study With Multi-modality Approach in Cases of Brain Death Due to Traumatic Brain Injury
Experiment Restores Some Function In Dead Pig Brains
Yale scientists restore brain function to 32 clinically dead pigs
Rene Theophile Hyacinthe Laënnec (1781–1826): The Man Behind the Stethoscope
Movies Unhacked compares technology in movies to technology in real life. A podcast for fans of cinema and technology!