Bryce Dallas Howard stars in Black Mirror, “Nosedive” (2016)! Learn the answers to questions like: How does China’s social credit system work? What are the best scenes in this episode? And what 1984 film made a big impact on Scott? Listen now to find out!
In a world where your social score determines your status in society, you either play along or suffer the consequences. In this podcast episode, Scott Croco and Mike Horne unhack the Black Mirror episode, “Nosedive” (2016).
- Summary of Nosedive’s story/plot (1:45)
- General reactions to Nosedive (5:15)
- Lots of phoniness and insecurity in the world of this episode (8:30)
- Great episode but a few criticisms (18:20)
- Wedding meltdown and final jail scenes (22:20)
- How the social scores work in this episode (25:50)
- China’s social credit system (28:45)
- Black Mirror season 4 thoughts (42:10)
- Scott tells about seeing Breakin’ in a movie theater in 1984 (46:15)
Episode 022 – Black Mirror, “Nosedive” (2016) unhacked!
Subscribe to Movies Unhacked in Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play, and write us a 5-star review!
- China Assigns Every Citizen A ‘Social Credit Score’ To Identify Who Is And Isn’t Trustworthy
- China has started ranking citizens
- China to bar people with bad ‘social credit’ from planes, trains (Reuters)
- Life Inside China’s Social Credit Laboratory
- No, China isn’t Black Mirror
- INSIDE CHINA’S VAST NEW EXPERIMENT IN SOCIAL RANKING (Wired)
- Trust Me (Freakonomics)
- Social trust is one of the most important measures that most people have never heard of
Movies Unhacked explores movies and their depictions of technology. Movie talk and tech talk in one handy podcast!