In this podcast episode, learn the answers to questions like: Why are those mimes playing tennis? And how does photograph enlargement work? Listen now to find out! Scott Croco and Mike Young unhack Blow-Up (1966).
When a photographer thinks he has snapped photos of a murder, he must try to unravel the mystery without getting sidetracked by swingin’ 60s London. David Hemmings and Vanessa Redgrave star in Michelangelo Antonioni’s Blow-Up (1966)!
- Antonioni quote #1 (1:40)
- Summary of Blow-Up’s story/plot (2:30)
- General thoughts on Blow-Up (4:15)
- Theme #1: The power of artists (6:05)
- Theme #2: Swingin’ 60s London (9:05)
- Theme #3: Validation of reality by other people (10:30)
- Similarities to The Conversation (14:35)
- Antonioni quote #2 (15:50)
- Capturing an image, developing film, enlarging photos (16:25)
- Antonioni quote #3 (24:00)
- Box Office results (27:00)
- Critics’ reactions and awards (28:05)
- Antonioni quote #4 (29:15)
Episode 023 – Blow-Up (1966) unhacked!
Download this episode
Movies Unhacked compares technology in movies to technology in real life. A podcast for fans of cinema and technology!