In this podcast episode, learn the answers to questions like: What is this movie saying about the way we experience reality? Why are those mimes playing tennis? And how does photograph enlargement work? Listen now to find out! Scott Croco and Mike Young unhack Blow-Up (1966).
When a photographer thinks he has snapped photos of a murder, he must try to unravel the mystery without getting sidetracked by swingin’ 60s London. David Hemmings and Vanessa Redgrave star in Michelangelo Antonioni’s Blow-Up (1966)!
- Antonioni quote #1 (1:40)
- Summary of Blow-Up’s story/plot (2:30)
- General thoughts on Blow-Up (4:15)
- The power of artists: Theme #1 (6:05)
- Swingin’ 60s London: Theme #2 (9:05)
- Validation of reality by other people: Theme #3 (10:30)
- Similarities to The Conversation (14:35)
- Antonioni quote #2 (15:50)
- Capturing an image, developing film, enlarging photos (16:25)
- Antonioni quote #3 (24:00)
- Box Office results (27:00)
- Critics’ reactions and awards (28:05)
- Antonioni quote #4 (29:15)
Episode 023 – Blow-Up (1966) unhacked!
Download this episode
Movies Unhacked compares technology in movies to technology in real life. A podcast for fans of cinema and technology!