Is Deckard a replicant? Can you really zoom in and enhance a photograph? And is there something special about the chess game Sebastian and Tyrell play? Listen now to find out! Scott Croco and Jay Holavarri unhack Blade Runner (1982) in this podcast episode.
When four escaped replicants need to be hunted down and retired, it’s up to former blade runner Rick Deckard to track them down. Harrison Ford, Sean Young, and Rutger Hauer star in Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner (1982)!
- Different cuts of the movie (0:50)
- June 1982 trivia (5:35)
- June 1982, best movie month of the 80s? (13:10)
- Talents behind the camera (14:10)
- Summary of Blade Runner‘s story/plot (22:50)
- Movie review (25:20)
- Is Deckard a replicant? (33:25)
- Theory of Deckard as an escaped replicant (40:15)
- Is the Voight-Kampff test flawed? (44:55)
- Lacks thematic depth? (50:40)
- Sebastian and Tyrell’s chess game (1:03:10)
- Rutger Hauer (1:08:20)
- Flying cars technology (1:12:50)
- Zoom in and Enhance! (1:22:15)
- Microscopes – scanning electron microscope (1:32:20)
- Interstellar travel hinted at (1:37:55)
- Budget, Box Office, Critics’ reactions (1:41:00)
- “Fiction or Fake?” game (1:45:05)
Subscribe to Movies Unhacked in Apple Podcasts, YouTube, Stitcher, Spotify, or Google Play, and write us a 5-star review!
Episode 055 – Blade Runner (1982) unhacked!
Download this episode
Siskel and Ebert
Hinckley Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity
John Hinckley Jr.
A. Ernest Fitzgerald, Pentagon Whistleblower
Nixon v. Fitzgerald
Identifiable Images of Bystanders Extracted from Corneal Reflections
US Air Force starts effort to buy a ‘flying car’
UBER’S NEW FLYING CAR IS HERE
How close are we to seeing flying cars?
Movies Unhacked compares technology in movies to technology in real life. A podcast for fans of cinema and technology!