In how many different ways can a weather satellite be used to perform nefarious acts? How tall is Spud Webb? And has Scott ever driven a Ferrari? Listen now to find out! Christopher Reeve stars in Superman III (1983).
When a computer hacker (Richard Pryor) is leveraged to mastermind some impossible crimes, Superman (Christopher Reeve) must save the day! In this podcast episode, Scott Croco and Mike Young unhack Superman III (1983).
- History of Superman in the media
- Summary of Superman III‘s story/plot
- Movie review
- Christopher Reeve’s career
- Tech talk – this movie has terrible tech
- Richard Pryor invents a scam to skim money from employer
- Richard Pryor’s career
- Pryor hacks a weather satellite
- They send a weather storm to Columbia?
- The supercomputer is ridiculous – missile control system is a video game
- Budget and box Office results
- Critics’ reactions & Siskel/Ebert
Episode 008 – Superman III (1983) unhacked!
Download this episode
Movies Unhacked explores movies and their depictions of technology. Movie talk and tech talk in one handy podcast! A podcast for fans of cinema and technology!